Aircraft painter jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship are available for foreign nationals. Aircraft painting is the specialized task of painting and completing an airplane’s exterior. The hourly pay for this type of labor is $25.66.
Because this occupation is essential to the upkeep and beauty of airplanes, it calls for a particular set of abilities and knowledge. In addition to appearance, an aircraft’s paint job can influence weight, aerodynamics, and corrosion resistance, affecting safety and fuel efficiency.
Working as a painter will allow you to make up to $53,363 per year. To preserve and improve the integrity and beauty of aircraft, aircraft painting is a specialized but significant field in the aviation industry.
It combines artistic talent with technical know-how. And visa sponsorship is one way to reside and work legally in the US. The employer covers all visa procedures and travel and accommodation costs.
Who is an Aircraft Painter?
Aircraft painters carry out many activities to guarantee that an aircraft is painted correctly, including applying coats of paint, epoxy, and other materials. Aircraft painters handle painting jobs for aircraft.
They set up the paint or coating equipment used on aircraft components, adding the appropriate paint or coating and altering settings like paint or coating flow. They also clean surfaces to prepare materials for coating or painting.
The Average Salary of an Aircraft Painter
The average pay for an aircraft painter in the USA is $25.66 per hour and $53,363 per year. The starting salary for entry-level positions is $43,824 annually, while the average salary for experienced workers is $68,096.
However, aircraft painter salaries vary depending on experience, size, and location.
Top Companies for Aircraft Painters in the United States
Below are some top companies for aircraft painters in the United States.
|International Aerospace Coatings
|Tyonek Native Corporation
|Landlocked Aviation Services
Top Highest-paying Regions for Aircraft Painters in the United States
Below are some of the top highest-paying cities for aircraft painters.
Duties of Aircraft Painters
The responsibilities of an aircraft painter include:
- Painting aircraft surfaces with epoxy resin, paint, and other supplies. Paint can be applied with brushes, rollers, and spray guns.
- Employing certain procedures to keep paint on the appropriate surfaces and blocking off areas not to be painted.
- Preparing surfaces for painting, fixing smooth surface areas, and creating letters, numerals, or other designs with stencils.
- Repairing old paint, matching colors, and touching up paint.
- Utilizing HVLP pressurized pot and cup guns to apply primer and topcoat to the aircraft’s surface, wheel wells, and intakes.
- Use PPG water-borne paint to paint.
- Use an oxygen suit with a mask and a gravity-fed spray gun to apply paint layers.
- Shifting shams to keep hangar floors clean.
They make sure the paint is weather-proof.
Types of Aircraft Painters in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The following are some of the common types of aircraft painters:
Commercial aircraft painters
They concentrate on painting commercial aircraft that carry people and goods. They apply large-scale, uniform paint schemes that symbolize airline branding.
Military aircraft painters
They focus on painting military aircraft, such as transport planes, jets, and helicopters. Paint jobs frequently feature camouflage patterns or other unique patterns with tactical significance. You must be conversant with the military’s criteria and specifications for aircraft painting.
They focus on painting helicopters for military, business, or private use. You must comprehend how a painting is affected by helicopters’ particular structural and aerodynamic features.
Private and business aircraft painters
They work on corporate aircraft, light aircraft, and private jets. It frequently entails more intricate and personalized painting to meet the unique tastes of businesses or private owners. It demands a great degree of skill and close attention to detail.
Restoration aircraft painters
Restoration aircraft painters concentrate on painting and refurbishing old or historic airplanes. It needs familiarity with vintage paint jobs and materials and proficiency in working with aircraft surfaces from earlier generations.
Benefits of Working as an Aircraft Painter in the USA
The benefits of working in this job position include:
- Flexible work schedule.
- Remote work options.
- Career development opportunities.
- Health insurance.
- Retirement plans.
These are just a few of the perks associated to this position.
Types of Visas for Aircraft Painter Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The work visas for this job position include:
- H-1B visa: these visas are available for foreign nationals wishing to work as aircraft painters in the United States.
- O-1 visa: this visa category is reserved for people with exceptional talent in the arts, sciences, sports, and other sectors. Your application will be evaluated on your artistic abilities.
Foreigners can live and work in the United States with any of these visas.
Requirements Needed for Aircraft Painter Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The requirements for this job role are as follows:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- A minimum of one year in a similar role.
- Expertise in aircraft painting methods.
- The capacity to decipher technical diagrams and drawings.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Attention to detail.
These are a few of the requirements needed.
Where to Find Aircraft Painter Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Some job search websites to enhance job search include:
- Simply Hired.
These are some of the prominent job search engines.
How to Apply for Aircraft Painter Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The following is a comprehensive guide for applying to work as an aircraft painter:
- Go to www.indeed.com
- Search for “Aircraft painter jobs” on the webpage and change the location to the United States.
- Click on search, then the result will appear on the screen.
- From the search result displayed, select the job that best suits you and click on it.
- Click “Apply now” and follow the instructions on the screen afterward.
Wait for the company’s response after submitting your application. The employer will contact you for an interview if you are selected. Following the interview, you will have an offer of employment, which you can use to obtain a visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are frequently asked questions.
What Skills Are Needed to Become an Aircraft Painter?
The necessary skills are attention to detail, good color perception, good knowledge of chemical solvents and other hazardous materials, and working in enclosed spaces.
What is the Average Salary for an Aircraft Painter in the USA?
The average salary for an aircraft painter is $66,511 a year. But wages can vary based on various factors such as experience, skills, organization, etc.
What are the Most Common Cities for Aircraft Painters in the USA?
The most common cities include Savannah, Littleton, Melbourne, Palmdale, Wichita, Huntsville, North Charleston, Little Rock, Orlando, Tampa, etc.
If you are comfortable working with paint and like working with clients, you can check out this position. Most people will most likely ride an airplane at least once in their lives. It is a very convenient way of traveling, especially to visit places on the other side of the world.
Different airlines have different airplane designs and colors to ensure they are different. They take aircraft painters to do the job.