Cancel Geico insurance – If you are considering cancelling your Geico insurance policy, you should put some things into consideration. Geico insurance policy can only be cancelled by phone. Geico insurance policy cancellations by phone are effective immediately or can be rescheduled for a date in the future.
Table of Contents
Cancel Geico Insurance
This article will provide you with a guide on how to cancel your Geico insurance policy.
How to Cancel Geico Insurance by Phone
To cancel your Geico insurance policy by phone, contact their customer service request to speak to a licensed Geico agent. Once you are prompted to speak to the Interactive Voice Response (IVR), say cancel an insurance policy, and then say auto. You should have your Geico number ready as you may be required to provide it.
Before attempting to cancel your policy, should consider some things to be sure if the cancellation of your Geico insurance policy is necessary.
- You’re moving to another state – fortunately, Geico offers insurance in all 50 states and in DC. You can just contact them to let them know you’re moving to another state. They can provide a new quote for your new location. All you have to do is sign into your account, select the menu option and then click My Policy Details to start a new quote.
- You had a change in marital status – In a case whereby you had a change in marital status, you should not cancel your insurance policy. Just add or remove your spouse or partner. By doing this, you could even qualify for additional discounts.
- You’ve sold your vehicle, it was totalled or it’s inoperable – In case you are going to be without a vehicle for 30 days or less, Geico policy could cover you while driving a rental. You will get to keep your tenure, discounts and benefits through to your next car. Otherwise, you can be provided with coverage for damage to another car when you borrow or rent a vehicle with Non-Owner Insurance.
Geico Insurance Customer Service
After going through this article, in case you are still having issues cancelling your Geico insurance policy, you should contact their customer service. To contact their customer service;
- Visit https://www.geico.com
- Scroll down the page
- Select the CONTACT US option
Follow these steps to contact their customer service.
Do I Get a Refund if I Cancel Geico Insurance?
If you made a premium payment in advance, then yes. You will receive a refund of your payments if you cancel your Geico insurance policy. You should contact Geico to find out how much your refund will be and when you will receive it.
What Happens if I just Cancel my Car insurance?
If the insurance company cancels your policy, you will receive a refund unless the policy for non-payment is cancelled. In a case where non-payment occurs, you will not receive a refund and will continue to owe the insurer any unpaid premiums.
How Much is Geico’s Cancellation Fee?
Geico insurance does not have a cancellation fee. If you want to cancel your Geico insurance policy, you should just contact an agent, and it would be done at no cost.
Can I Cancel Geico at any Time?
Yes. Geico gives you the right to cancel your policy at any time and allows you to request a refund if you paid premiums in advance.
Can You Cancel Geico Insurance through the App?
No. at this time, the Geico insurance policy cannot be cancelled online or in the app. You can only cancel your insurance policy by phone.