DAAD Scholarships is a scholarship program that offers you the opportunity to further your education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study. It funds graduate, doctoral students, and postdoctoral students. It also funds research in Germany for international students. If you are looking for scholarships for a master’s in Germany, you should read this article.
Table of Contents
Organized by the German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD Scholarships in Germany are granted to more than 100,000 students around the world. DAAD funds Master’s degree studies or one year of study after a Master’s degree is completed in the candidate’s home country.
However, it cannot fund the Master’s degree program completed in Germany. DAAD Scholarships for Ph.D. are also available. It also funds internships for students. DAAD pays 861 euros a month to grantees and offers them monthly rent subsidies.
In addition, awardees also get health and accident insurance coverage. If the grantee has accompanying family members, they will be given a monthly allowance. The scholarship is awarded for a period of between 10 months and 24 months depending on the period of your chosen program. DAAD Scholarships is one of the scholarships in Germany that offers payment of course fees for an online course in the German language. To learn more about this program, read on!
DAAD Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for any of the DAAD Scholarships, you must meet the following requirements
- You must have a bachelor’s degree that is at most 6 years old.
- You must have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Also, you must have completed your prior degree with a minimum aggregate of 85% or 8.5 CGPA.
- Depending on your degree course, there are English and German language requirements.
Although the eligibility requirements vary for each DAAD Scholarship, the basic criteria stated above must be met. You can visit the official scholarship website at daad.de to learn more. Note that applicants must also hold proof of accommodation for visa insurance. You can learn more about the application process in the next section of this article.
DAAD Scholarships Application
To apply for the scholarship, you will be asked to fill out the application form online. In the form you will be asked for your Name and nationality, the degree program you’re applying for, etc. Thereafter, you will be asked to upload a copy of your higher education entrance qualification, passport photograph, etc.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships
You can apply for any of the DAAD Scholarships for Germany with the guide below:
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to the online application portal at daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/
- Go through the list of scholarships on the page and choose the one that suits you.
- Read through the scholarship details on the page.
- Choose your “Country” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out your application form and educational history.
- Click on “Show Application”.
- Select your university and your chosen course under the “Course Catalogue”.
- Click on “To the application portal”.
- Choose your desired course of study and answer all questions without omissions.
- Upload your documents and name them in German or English.
If you follow these instructions, you will successfully apply for the scholarship. When do applications for the scholarship close? Find out in the next section.
DAAD Scholarships Deadline
The application phase for the winter semester starting in September/October begins in early May and ends on 15th July. Application for the summer semester starting in March begins in Early December and ends on 15th January. Letters of acceptance are sent out in August/September and in February/March. Rejections are sent a little later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about DAAD Germany scholarships:
Is It Hard to Get DAAD Scholarship?
Getting a DAAD scholarship is easy for both national and international students who meet the requirements.
Can I Stay in Germany After DAAD Scholarship?
If you find a job after the course of the scholarship, you can stay in Germany and receive a residence permit. However, in some cases, you will be granted a settlement permit (you will be asked to leave after 2 years).
Can I Apply for DAAD Without Work Experience?
To apply for any of the DAAD scholarships in Germany, you must have at least 2 years of work experience.
How Much Percentage Is Required for DAAD Scholarship?
To be considered an eligible candidate, you must have completed your first degree with a minimum aggregate of 85%.