Data Entry Jobs is one of the jobs in high demand. Are you searching for a data entry job? Maybe, you want to change your job or you don’t have a job at all, you can take advantage of the online platform to find available job listings on data entry. To make job hunting easier, this article will unveil all you need to know about data entry jobs, including how to find and apply for them online.
Table of Contents
Data Entry Jobs
Data entry is a part of clerical work that involves using various processes like typing and voice recording for entering data into computers. Data entry clerks work in a variety of industries, including healthcare, finance, retail, and transportation. Read on to find out what data entry is, the types of data entry jobs, and more.
What is a data entry Job?
Data entry is a type of job that enables an employee to add, verify and edit electronic data. A lot of companies need people to transcribe notes from meetings, add raw data into databases, and add sales figures into electronic formats multiple times during the course of a business day.
Further, the data entry job connotes working as a handler of different types of electronic data and operating devices that professionals use to enter and edit data, such as a keyboard. Moreover, there are a number of occupations in this industry, including typist, coder, transcriber, and word processor.
So, Jobs in this industry have different payment methods. If you begin to work in this industry, you could be paid by the project, keystrokes per minute, keystrokes per word, keystrokes per hour or receive an hourly wage. Basically, the payment rate in data entry is based on your typing speed. That is to say, fast typists, are likely to earn more money in this industry.
Types of Data entry jobs with salaries
Below are five types of data entry jobs and their salaries:
A virtual receptionist works remotely for a company, performing lots of the same duties that they would in an office. Their role is to manage the company’s clerical needs like managing calendars, appointments, and payroll information. TA Virtual assistants also spend time answering calls, taking messages, and forwarding callers to an intended recipient. However, the average salary is around $61,404 per year.
Data entry clerk
The primary duty of a data entry clerk is to take the data they receive from a company and organize it into an appropriate file system or spreadsheet format. They might also be tasked to update outdated info and compare new data sets to the original figures. The average salary is around $39,100 per year.
The primary duty of a transcriptionist or a transcriber is to convert audio files into a text format. Some of the audio and video that they transcribe are interviews, podcasts, medical reports, TV shows, webinars, and focus groups. Data transcribers may be asked to work with confidential info, and they are expected to keep that information private. The average salary is $44,114 yearly.
Primary duties of a proofreader review manuscripts for grammar and punctuation errors. These people can work in freelance positions or as part of a company on a contractual basis. Moreover, a proofreader may be expected to fact-check the information in a manuscript for accuracy. And to add to fact-checking, they might be asked to familiarize themselves with industry research and terminology. The average salary is around $59,136 per year.
The primary duties of a coding specialist are to retrieve and organize client data, aid in the creation of company documents, and oversee company databases. They may also be expected to coordinate between hospitals and insurance companies to record insurance reimbursement fees. The average salary is around $21.81 per hour.
How to Apply for Data Entry Jobs Online
To apply for data entry jobs online, take the following steps;
- Navigate to https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Data+Entry
- Scroll through the page to find a suitable data entry position
- Go ahead and apply. Ensure that you upload all required data.
These are steps to apply for a data entry job online. You can find online data entry jobs from home, data entry jobs for students, and more.
Advantages of working in data entry
Some of the advantages of working in data entry include:
- Easy access to jobs listings
- It is a great opportunity for independent contractors. Since a virtual workforce of independent contractors is significantly less expensive to manage than an in-house staff and more U.S companies are outsourcing work, employment opportunities for freelancers in data entry continue to grow.
- Low entry barriers. The cost and effort involved in gaining the skills needed for data entry are considerably lower than for many other jobs.
What do you do in a data entry job?
Data Entry Operator duties are as follows:
- Enter customer and account data from source documents within time limits
- To compel, verify the accuracy, and sort information to prepare source data for computer entry.
- To review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities and check the output.
How do I start a data entry job?
To start a data entry work, do this
- Improve your language skills
- English language skills are essential to work in the data entry industry
- Become a better typist
- Having a good typing speed is the most important skill that is required in the data entry field
- Obtain computer skills
- Bolster your interpersonal skills
What are the skills required for data entry?
Data Entry Operator Qualifications/Skills include;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Which Website is Best for Data Entry Jobs?
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Capital Typing
- AccuTran Global
- Axion Data Entry Services
- Quicktate or iDictate