A Finance officer job in the USA With a Visa Sponsorship has lots of benefits attached to it. Many countries also seek to attract competent workers worldwide by offering visa sponsorship opportunities. Working in the US can create a perfect opportunity for career advancement.
This article explores the role of finance officers, the job benefits, the requirements and skills needed, the types of visas, and how to apply for a finance officer job in the USA that offers visa sponsorship.
What Finance Officers do
Finance officers manage the finances of a company by monitoring its income and presiding over its spending. Finance officers oversee an organization’s resources to attain its revenue goals.
Also, finance officers can work both in the public and private sectors. They are in charge of all the financial aspects of the company. They make sure that monetary transactions are carried out ethically and legally.
What is Visa Sponsorship?
Visa sponsorship is the process whereby an individual or a corporation in the US is willing to sponsor an immigrant into their country for specific reasons. The necessary documents are taken to the US government.
The sponsor is responsible for ensuring the foreigner complies with the immigration rules and regulations. The requirements vary depending on the visa category.
Benefits of Finance Officer Jobs in the USA
The following are some benefits attached to this career in the US:
- Job security.
- High pay.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Health insurance scheme.
- Retirement plans.
- An opportunity to further your education.
- Balance between work and personal life.
Responsibilities of Finance Officers
Finance officers are saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Processing invoices.
- Keeping records of daily transactions.
- Preparing balance sheets.
- Assisting budget preparation.
- Participating in financial audits.
- Updating internal systems with financial data.
- Reviewing and enacting financial policies.
- Preparation of financial reports: monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Qualifications and Skills Needed for a Finance Officer job
The following are skills required for a finance officer job:
- Education: you must have acquired a bachelor’s degree in finance or any related field, although some organizations may prefer higher degrees like a master’s degree.
- You must have acquired your professional certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), to boost your qualifications.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Proven work experience as a finance officer or in a similar role.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Computer proficiency, especially in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other applicable accounting software.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, regulations, and systems.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Time management skills.
Where to Find Finance Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the US
Finding a job as a finance officer in the US from your home country requires you to go job hunting online. The world is now a global pillage with the help of the internet. Hence, by visiting prominent websites, you can get directed to finance jobs in the US. Some popular examples of these websites include:
Some websites like LinkedIn require you to create a professional account on your profile to serve as your resume. And this can be optimized in a certain way to get the attention of employers.
How to Apply for a Finance Officer Job in the US With Visa Sponsorship
To apply for a job as a finance officer in the US, follow these tips:
- First of all, make sure you have all the necessary qualifications for the job.
- Visit prominent job listing websites to search for jobs.
- Search for finance officer jobs with visa sponsorship.
- When you get suggestions from any of the websites, visit the official websites of the suggested organizations to get more information about the job and the application process.
- Submit your application as instructed on the website.
After applying, wait for a reply from the company. The recruiters will contact you if you are selected.
Salaries of Finance Officers in the USA
The average annual salary for finance officers in the US ranges from $42,000 to $ 110,000, and an average rate of $33.09 per hour. However, the pay varies greatly depending on the skill level/education, years of experience, and location. Some finance officers even earn as much as $261,533 per year.
Types of Visas for Finance Officer job
Here are the types of Visas for the Finance Officer job.
This work visa allows foreigners to work temporarily in the US. It can lead to long-term employment and permanent residence in a foreign country.
This non-immigrant visa allows companies to recruit workers in special occupations requiring technical or theoretical expertise, which can be in finance, accounting, medicine, science, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Roles of a Finance Officer in the USA?
Finance officers typically manage the company’s budget, ensure financial transactions are carried out ethically and legally, and prepare financial reports.
What are the Highest-paying Cities for Finance Officers in the USA?
Some top high-paying cities for finance officer jobs include;
- New York, NY, with a yearly pay of $299,630
- Cambridge, MA, with an annual pay of $312,608
- Sunnyvale, CA, with an annual salary of $335,695
- Roseville, CA, with an annual pay of $299,830
- Santa Rosa, CA, with an annual salary of $310, 304
- Livermore, CA, with a yearly pay of $335,521
Which Skills are Required for a Finance Officer job?
Finance officers should have excellent computing skills, attention to detail, good communication skills, impeccable numerical skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
Finance officer jobs are considered lucrative and among the top most sought-after professional jobs in the US.