To avoid being charged on your credit or debit card for the Amazon prime subscription, you need to cancel your free trial before 30 days period. Although, a lot of people have other reasons they want to cancel their Amazon free trial no matter the reason you can always cancel anytime.
With this post aimed at providing all the necessary steps on how to cancel the Amazon free trial, you do not need to surf the internet again. However, in order to cancel the free trial successfully either on the web or through your mobile device, you need to follow the guidelines that will be listed.
Table of Contents
Cancel Amazon prime free trial
You can cancel your Amazon prime free trial in various ways but with very simple and easy-to-understand steps. You also need to know that once you can use the Amazon free trial, you are automatically no longer an active user of Amazon prime.
How to cancel Amazon free trial
Follow the steps on how to cancel your Amazon free trial.
- Visit the official Amazon website at amazon.com
- At the top of the home page click on “Account & Lists”
- Next, sign in to your amazon account
- From the menu options, click on “Prime Membership”
- You will be shown information about your membership with Amazon prime. Click on “Manage Membership-Update, cancel, and more
- In the menu option tap on “End Membership”
- Click on “Cancel My Benefits” on the new page
- Tap on “Continue to Cancel”
- Click on “Cancel Membership” on the last page
Your Amazon prime free trial will be automatically canceled and you will not be charged from your debit or credit card account. After you are done, you will be sent a message to confirm that you have canceled the free trial and the date it will be ending.
How to download the Amazon app
Before you can cancel the Amazon free trial on your mobile device, firstly the app needs to be downloaded on the device. Check how to download the app.
- Visit the Google play store or apple store with a stable internet connection on your device
- Click on the search bar
- Type in the “Amazon” app
- Click on the “Install” widget
You have to wait a few minutes to download the app. To cancel your free trial through the app. check the next paragraph.
How to cancel Amazon prime free trial on android
- Launch the Amazon app on your android device
- Click on the three(3) Horizontal lines at the top of the page
- Select “Your Account” from the menu option
- Next, log in to your Amazon account
- Tap on “Manage Prime Membership”
- Scroll down and click “End Membership”
- To continue the process tap on the “Continue to Cancel” icon
Follow the onscreen instruction to finish canceling your free trial with Amazon prime before you are charged.
How to cancel Amazon free trial on iPhone
Follow other instructions to finish the process of canceling the free trial with Amazon prime.
- Open the app on your IOS device after it is downloaded
- Click on the “Profile Menu” at the top of the homepage
- From the options in the menu select “Your Account”
- Click on “Memberships and Subscriptions”
- Select “Prime Membership”
- Select “Manage Prime Membership” options under the account
- Click on “End Membership”
- To confirm you want to truly cancel the free trial click on “Continue to Cancel”
- Click on “Cancel Membership”
How to cancel Amazon prime free trial on a computer
Besides ending the free trial on your mobile device, you can also cancel it from your desktop device, the steps include:
- Turn your computer and visit your web browser
- Visit the Amazon website at amazon.com
- Sign in to your Amazon prime account on the website
- On the homepage, click on “Accounts & Lists”
- From the options tap on “Your Account”
- Tap on “Prime”
- Choose the “Update, cancel and more” option
- Click on “End Membership”
- On the next page tap on “Continue to cancel”
- Tap on the “Cancel Membership” widget
Your Amazon free trial will be immediately canceled and you will no longer be an active user of Amazon prime.
How to contact Amazon prime membership
To contact their customer service, simply visit the website https://www.amazon.com/ and scroll down the page. Click on “Help” and a new tab will be loaded then at the top of the page click on the three horizontal lines. You will be shown different options, scroll down and click on customer service. on the new page make use of their help library.
Frequently asked questions
Answers to questions asked online by internet users will be listed out here.
Does Amazon prime charge after a free trial
Once the three (3) month free trial with Amazon prime is used, your account will be upgraded to the paid membership plan which automatically charges you.
What happens after 30 day free trial of Amazon prime?
After the free trial is over, you will be charged monthly or yearly for a membership fee which will be from your account. Also, you will be debited the amount once it is removed, and can only stop this when you cancel the Amazon prime membership.
How does Amazon’s free trial work?
The free trial works in such a way that if you are not an Amazon prime member and you decide to become one, you have to create an account. Meanwhile, while you are creating the account you will be adding your credit card number and then you will be given access to all Amazon benefits as well two-day shipping.
Is Amazon prime free with credit cards?
Currently, when you become Amazon prime member there is no credit card complimenting it. However, Amazon on its own does offer a Visa Card got Prime Rewards, and also an Amazon store card. This credit card offers you a cashback of 5% when you make your purchases at Amazon.
What is Amazon Digital on my credit card bill?
This is digital content subscribed to from Amazon charges. This digital content includes software, books, games, movies, television, music, etc.