Do you want to know the right subject combination for banking and finance? Knowing the right combination for banking and finance can be of great help to your admission success. That is the reason why this article has been put in place.
It will guide you in choosing the right subject combination for banking and finance before you register for UTME. Check below for the four important subject combinations to study finance and banking.
Table of Contents
Jamb Subject Combination for Banking and Finance
In this paragraph, you will be shown the major four students that you need to pass before you can study banking and fiancé in Nigerian universities. They include:
- social science subject (commerce, government)
All these subjects listed above must have a high score in jamb for example 250 and above.
Direct entry requirements to study banking and finance
Before you get direct entry into any university to study banking and finance, you must have the following criteria.
- ND credit
- NCE merit in important subjects
- Through interim joint matriculation board
- entry requirements from jamb directly
- International examinations like ACCA, GPFA, ICAN, ICMA
- through joint universities’ preliminary examination board
- At least two a’s in economics or accounting and any other subject
UTME Requirement for Banking and Finance
English Language, Mathematics, and any other subjects must all be completed for five (5) SSC credit passes. The additional two (2) relevant subjects for NBC could be chosen from any of the following: accounting, principles of accounting, commerce, office procedures, or economics.
List of Universities Offering Banking and Finance
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- McPHERSON UNIVERSITY, SERIKI SOTAYO, OGUN STATE – MCPHERSON
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – PAUL
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- RITMAN UNIVERSITY, IKOT-EKPENE, AKWA IBOM STATE – RITMAN
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – RSUST
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – AJAYI
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE – ARTHUR-JARVIS
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – ATIBA
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – AUGUSTINE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT – BAZE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- THE UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BIU
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
Frequently Asked Questions
In this paragraph, you will get answers to questions asked as an internet user.
What is the Cut-off mark for Banking and Finance?
The minimum score required for admission to the banking and finance program is 230. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) management has declared that the most recent and current cutoff mark for banking and finance in 2022 is 230 and above.
Can I study banking and finance without math?
Is math a requirement for the Banking and Finance Jamb? Yes, both Jamb and Waec require Mathematics as a condition for the study of banking and finance.
Is economics compulsory for banking and finance?
But for Banking and Finance in JAMB, the four (4) required subjects are English, Mathematics, and Economics.
How many years is banking and finance
The Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance degree is offered by the Department of Banking and Finance as a four-year degree program.
How many courses are there in banking and finance?
|Financial theory and management||3|
|Financial systems and institutions||4|
|International trade and finance||6|