Massage Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship. Discover Urgent massage Jobs in the United States for Foreigners. If you are a Foreigner with outstanding skills and basic qualifications in massaging, you stand a chance to get a job offer in the USA.
Table of Contents
Massage Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
A lot of Spa, saloons and health care centres in the US are looking to hire professional Massage Therapists. If you’re good at what you do, you stand a chance of getting a job offer there. To be a good therapist you should be good at perceiving clients’ wishes and needs through spoken language, body language and other cues and modifying their treatments accordingly. Typically Massage Therapist report to the owner or manager of the business.
Who Is A Massage Therapist?
A Massage Therapist also known as a Massage Practitioner, is someone responsible for providing relaxation or treating body pain and discomfort through physical touch and moving a client’s muscles. Their duties include meeting with clients to find out the type of massage they need, creating a relaxing ambience in their office and kneading or rubbing muscles to release tension.
What is Massaging Jobs for Massage Therapist?
A massaging job is the type of job where workers treat clients through soft tissue manipulation while maintaining a safe and relaxing experience. Workers get paid for the work done.
Types of Massage Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
Here are the types of massage therapist jobs in the US;
Clinical/ Medical Massage Therapy
Massage therapy in a clinical environment makes use of massage techniques for the treatment of a variety of physical injuries and conditions. Therapeutic massage in medicine has been proven to help relieve muscular aches and pains, reduce stiffness and stimulate circulation. However, a therapist in this field will work with patients to restore function and mobility through the use of movement and manipulation.
Fitness/ Sports Massage Therapy
Massage therapists in the sports and fitness industry tend to focus on soft tissue areas of the body to treat and prevent both painful muscle and ligament strains often through the use of stretching and deep compression massage.
However, the sports massage therapist needs to be in good physical shape themselves as many of the techniques involved often require aggressive hands-on therapy and as such can be very physically demanding.
Spa/Salon Massage Therapy
The spa or salon sector is the largest and certainly most popular of the industry today with lots of specialisms within it. For Instance, there is reflexology whereby the therapist uses their fingers to apply pressure to various areas of the body (especially the feet) in a bid to relieve nervous tension and achieve balance. Another popular specialism is aromatherapy massage, it uses fragranced oils and lotions during the massage process to affect the client’s mood and promote general well-being.
Benefits of Massage Therapist Jobs In USA
Here are the benefits of Massage careers;
- You become a licensed professional
- There are multiple areas of speciality
- Great earning potential
- Make your own schedule. Whether you work for a franchise like Massage Envy or become your own boss, you’ll still be able to set your own hours. Less stress
- You get to stay fit and active
- The warm feeling of helping others
These are massage job benefits.
Massage Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
Massage Therapists are generally employed at massage clinics, spas and salons to provide rejuvenating and relaxing massages to clients. Here are some of their Responsibilities;
- To maintain knowledge of human anatomy and the musculoskeletal system so they can effectively target points of tension in a client’s body and ease the symptoms of physical stress.
- Massage therapists use varying amounts of pressure to improve circulation and target tense or knotted muscles.
- Communicate with clients about their comfort level and what areas they would like to focus on, setting clear expectations for what areas of muscle and tissue they plan to address.
- Advise clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods
- Suggest future massage appointments and regimes to clients
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire
These are some of the roles of massage therapists.
Types of US Visa For Massage Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship
Below are the most common types of visas that allow foreigners to work in the United States
H-1B visa is best for people in a specified professional or academic field or with special expertise who have a college degree or higher or the equivalent in work experience. These visa programs have a residency cap of three years.
How to Apply for Massage Therapist Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship
To apply for. Massage therapy job online, take the below steps;
- Navigate to https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/massage-therapist-jobs
- From LinkedIn job listings, find the job that suit you
- Click on the job tab
- Select the Apply button after reading the job description
Navigate with the onscreen directives to complete the application process.
Massage Therapist Salary In USA
The average massage therapist’s salary is $28.25 per hour in the U.S. Massage therapist wages commonly range from $7.25 – $67.40 hourly. The beginning salary for your open position will vary based on the skills required and the therapist’s experience.
What are Massage Therapist Skills and Qualifications?
The required and preferred skills of a massage therapist may include
- previous work experience
- technical skills
- Soft skills and personality traits
- Complete 500 hours of massage therapy courses
- Have current massage therapy certification
- At least four years of experience as a professional massage therapist
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Time management abilities
- Demonstrated sales and customer service skills
What are Massage Therapist Skills and Qualifications?
Five Steps to California Massage Certification
- Meet the age requirement.
- Meet the educational requirements in the law.
- Pass a CAMTC approved exam.*Not required after 1/1/2019.
- Complete a background check.
- Complete applications and pay fees.
What is the Top Salary for a Massage Therapist?
Top paying cities for Massage Therapists near the United States
- San Francisco, CA. $43.36 per hour.
- $41.07 per hour.
- Chicago, IL. $38.46 per hour.
- Denver, CO. $37.83 per hour.
- Dallas, TX. $36.91 per hour.
Do You Need a Massage License in California?
No. Even though California does not currently require state licensing for massage therapists, they do have voluntary certification for massage professionals who meet the standards of the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC).