The NIOMR Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal is now open. Many companies are financially drained due to the economic downturn but this same factor has also favored some other companies. Since the pandemic of Covid 19, nearly 100000 small businesses have shut down.
Today virtual work environments have made it possible for companies to search for employees regardless of location. This article contains important details on the NIOMR Recruitment, application requirements, steps on how to apply, and frequently asked questions about the Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research.
NIOMR is charged with the responsibility to conduct research into the physical characteristics and resources of the Nigerian territorial waters and the high seas. It was established in November 1975.
Table of Contents
Functions of NIOMR
- To research and find ways to curb pollution and its effect on the public
- To conduct research on resources of the Nigerian territorial waters
- To find ways to mitigate the effect of global climate change and the rise in sea level
- To undertake studies on the physical characteristics of the Nigerian territorial waters and the high seas beyond
- To look into the socio-economic challenges of exploitation of the resources of the sea
Recruitment Qualifications and Requirements
To apply for the 2023/2024 NIOMR Recruitment Exercise, the following criteria must be met
- BSc or Master’s degree from a registered and known tertiary institution
- HND certificate in a relevant course from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Good computer skills will be an advantage
- Applicants must be well-mannered and ready to learn
- Applicants must not be over 35 years
- The Applicant must have good communication skills
- Applicant must have a valid means of identification
- Applicants must be ready to work in a new environment
- The Applicant must possess a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics in not more than 1 sitting in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO) or General Certificate of Education (GCE).
How to Apply for the 2023/2024 NIOMR Recruitment
The following steps should be followed for easy application;
- Log in to the NIOMR official portal via niomr.gov.ng
- Read the instructions and guidelines provided in the form
- Fill in accurate personal information where necessary
- Proofread and submit an application
Once successful, you’ll be contacted through a registered email for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Is the recruitment exercise free?
Yes, the application for the recruitment exercise is free and you shouldn’t pay any fees to anyone
When is the closing date for the NIOMR recruitment?
The closing date has not yet been officially announced by NIOMR
Will there be a screening test?
Yes, there will be a screening test for successful candidates and the screening venue and date will be passed through registered email.