Northeastern University is a private research school. Its main campus is located in Boston. And was founded in 1898. The school offers undergraduate and graduate programs on its main campus in Boston as well as satellite campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina; Seattle, Washington; San Jose, California; San Francisco, California; Portland, Maine; and Toronto and Vancouver in Canada.
However, in 2019, they purchased the New College of the Humanities in London, England. Its enrollment is approximately 19,000 undergraduate students and 8,600 graduate students. Thus, It is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – A Very high research activity”. Undergraduate admission to the university is categorized as “most selective.”
Northeastern offers undergraduate majors in 65 departments. So at the graduate level, there are about 125 programs. A Northeastern education is interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial, founded in 2009.
IDEA is Northeastern University’s student-led Venture Accelerator, which offers entrepreneurs, including students, faculty, and alumni in the Northeastern community with the necessary support and educational experience towards developing a business from core concept to launch.
Furthermore, Academics at Northeastern is rooted in a liberal arts education and the integration of classroom studies with experiential learning opportunities, including cooperative education, student research, service learning, and global experiences, such as study abroad and international co-op.
Northeastern University Ranking
In the 2021 edition of U.S. News & World Report rankings, Northeastern University was tied for 49th in the National Universities category. Check out some of the rankings below;
- 1st in “Best Co-ops/Internships” (U.S. News & World Report) (2020)
- 1st in “Best Schools for Internships” (Princeton Review) (2017, 2018)
- 1st in “Best Internships/Career Services” (Princeton Review) (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- 2nd in “Best Graduate Psychology Programs” (2018)
- 2nd in “Best Physician Assistant Programs” (2018)
- 3rd in “Best Nursing-Anesthesia Programs” (2018)
- 3rd in “Best Career Services” (Princeton Review) (2016, 2017, 2018
- 4th in “Top 25 Entrepreneurship: Ugrad” (Princeton Review) (2017, 2018)
- 4th in “Best Health Care Law Programs” (2018)
- 6th in “Most Innovative Schools” (U.S. News & World Report) (2018) (up from 7th in 2017)
- 7th in “The Top 25 B.A. Theatre Programs for 2018–19” (OnStage Blog)
- 9th in “Best Undergraduate International Business Programs” (U.S. News & World Report) (2018)
- 12th (tied) in “Freshman Retention Rate” – 97% (U.S. News & World Report) (2018)
- 12th in “Best Graduate School Programs in Criminology” (2017)
- 14th in “Computer Science – Overall” (2020) (CSRankings)
Northeastern University Acceptance Rate
For undergraduate students, Northeastern’s 2020 acceptance rate was 18.1%. and for the Class of 2024, Northeastern received 64,459 applications, with 13,199 students accepted.
However, In 2018, the record number of applications led to a drop in acceptance rate, 8% points lower than the previous year. The school was one of the top ten most applied to colleges in 2018.
For the Class of 2022 (enrolling in fall 2018), the school received 62,272 applications, accepted 12,042 (19%), and enrolled 2,746. For the freshmen who enrolled, the middle 50% range of SAT scores was 670–750 for reading and writing, 690–790 for math, while the middle 50% range ACT composite range was 32–34.
Northeastern University Application
To apply for Admission at Northwestern university locate the application page by clicking on the link below
- Create your application through The Common Application or the Coalition Application (both are accepted).
- Once you have created your application, please select Northeastern University to directly submit your application. Application fee of $75 or a need-based fee waiver.
Northeastern accepts need-based fee waivers from the Common Application, the Coalition Application, as well as organizations such as the College Board and ACT, or in a written request from a school official.
Cross-check to ensure that you have submitted all required materials. Even if your application has been submitted, the school cannot start reviewing your file until all of your required materials have been received.
So, for applicants applying for the 2021-2022 academic year, the University is test-optional and does not require standardized testing to complete an application for admission. And to ensure all of the necessary documents have been submitted, and for updates or information about your application, visit your application status for verification.