Power Lineman Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship. Get a job offer to work as a power Lineman in the united states and stand a chance to get free visa Sponsorship.
Read on to learn the procedure on how to find a suitable Lineman job online, and also the basic skills and qualifications required to get the job.
Table of Contents
Power Linemen Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
A power lineman is also known as a powerline technician. They are electricians trained specifically in the area of construction and maintenance of electric power lines and distribution centers. Power linemen are mostly employed to install and maintain telegraph, cable TV, telephone, and fiber optic lines outdoors.
However, workers who install and maintain indoor wiring systems are generally referred to simply as electricians.
Training to be a Power Lineman
Anyone who wanted to be a power lineman must have a high school diploma or equivalent. The first step is to sign up for an apprenticeship program, or with a utility power company. A majority of the program deals with working with an experienced lineman as a helper.
The experienced lineman offers the practical training portion of the apprenticeship and may be involved with the technical instruction, but that portion is usually handled by an accredited college or lineman trade school.
Although in most cases, the student (apprentice) is required to pay for the coursework portion, in some cases, the company offering the apprenticeship may pay for all or part of this training.
Furthermore, an apprenticeship program takes about 3 to 5 years to complete. And upon completion, the apprentice may be required to write a final certification exam, depending on local laws and regulations. And successfully passing this exam means the student is no longer an apprentice, but a certified power lineman.
Power Lineman Apprenticeship Job
After completing an apprenticeship program that includes both practical and technical training, a power lineman is certified to work on live and dead power lines. However, the tasks of a lineman can include everything associated with power lines, including installing or replacing distribution equipment, fuses, insulators, transformers, and capacitors. Working on high-voltage transmission lines requires the proper safety setup.
Requirements For Power Linemen Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Here are the power Lineman Requirements and skills;
- A high school diploma as well as the successful completion of a four-year apprenticeship is required to become a lineman.
- Successful linemen possess excellent problem-solving
- Troubleshooting skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills.
These are requirements to be a good lineman.
Responsibilities for Lineman
The role of a power Lineman includes the;
- Operate and maintains the electric SCADA system
- Maintain knowledge of and implement safety procedures at all times
- To safely and accurately prepare work sites with warning signs and secure areas
- Operate diggers, bucket trucks, and hand tools near and around electrical distribution lines
- To locate underground electric cable faults for repair
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams
- To install primary and secondary overhead and underground electrical systems
- Conduct work outdoors in various types of weather
These are the duties and responsibilities of a power technician
Power Linemen Qualifications
Power Linemen Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Here are the qualifications for Linemen
- Have 4-year electrical lineman apprenticeship
- CPR and First aid certification
- Hilti gun, and forklift certification
- Have superior written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) with tanker and airbrake certification
- Have good analytical and organizational skills
- Be able to work under mildly safe and uncomfortable conditions where exposure to environmental factors such as temperature variations, odors, and toxic agents
- Ability to pull up loads of up to 100 pounds
- Be able to exert heavy physical effort in moderate to heavy work.
These are qualifications for a lineman
How to Apply for Power Linemen Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
To apply for a Linemen power job in the US with free visa Sponsorship do the following;
- Go to https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/power-lineman-jobs-SRCH_IN1_KO0,13.htm
- Find the job that suits your qualifications
- Go through the job description and other details outlined on the page.
- Apply for the job
These are the steps to apply for a power Lineman Visa Sponsorship
Power Linemen Salary
Power linemen earn around $77,257 per year on average, or $37.14 per hour, in the United States
What is a Lineman?
A lineman’s role is to install, repair and maintain overhead and underground electrical power lines and auxiliary equipment. Which includes work from power plants to the meters of customers’ homes. In addition, a lineman digs trenches for the installation of underground lines, installs meters, climbs poles to repair overhead lines and inspects power lines for possible repair or replacement. A Lineman mostly works for utility companies, energy companies or telecommunications companies.
What State is Best for Lineman?
The Highest Paying States For Lineman in 2022
- North Dakota Lineman
- Washington Lineman
- Oregon Lineman
- California Lineman
- Massachusetts Lineman
- New York Lineman
- Alaska Lineman
- Hawaii Lineman
What State Makes the Most Money for Lineman?
In 2022, linemen in Hawaii will make the most money. Their average salary is around $98,440. The state with the lowest average pay for linemen is Mississippi coming in at $28.75 an hour.
Where is the Best Place to Work as a Lineman?
Here are the best states for Linemen in 2022:
- North Dakota
- West Virginia.
- New Hampshire.
READ ALSO: Electrical Linemen Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now