Red Dead Redemption 2 is an action-adventure game in 2018 developed and published by Rockstar Games. It is the third entry in the Red Dead series and is a prepuce to the 2010 game Red Dead Redemption.
However, the story is set in 1899 and follows the exploits of Arthur Morgan, who is a member of the Van der Linde gang. Which is a fictionalized representation of the Western, Midwestern, and Southern United States.
Furthermore, Morgan must deal with the decline of the Wild West whilst attempting to survive against government forces, rival gangs, and other adversaries.
To find out more about the game, kindly download it to your device! Discover the download procedure in this article.
Table of Contents
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Red Dead Redemption 2 game is displayed via first and third-person perspectives, and the player may freely roam in its interactive open world.
The Gameplay elements include shootouts, heists, hunting, horseback riding, interacting with non-player characters, and maintaining the character’s honor rating through moral choices and deeds.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Release Date
Red Dead Redemption 2 was released in October 2018. It was designed for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and for Microsoft Windows and Stadia in November 2019.
Red Dead Online: the online multiplayer mode of the game, was released as a beta version in Nov. 2018 before a full release in May 2019.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Characters
Here are the characters in the game;
- Arthur Morgan
- Dutch van der Linde
- Bill Williamson
- Javier Escuella
- John Marston
- Charles Smith
- Micah Bell
- Sadie Adler
- Hosea Matthews
- Abigail Roberts- wife of John Marston and mother to Jack
- Josiah Trelawny
- Lenny Summers
- Sean Macguire
- Mary-Beth Gaskill
- Karen Jones
- Tilly Jackson
- Molly O’Shea
- Jack Marston
How to Download/Purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
To download the game, you can purchase it through the official Rockstar website or through Steam. Find out how to purchase the game using any of these mediums in the sections below;
Purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 via Rockstar Games Portal
To download the game on your PC, follow this guide;
- Proceed to Rockstar official website at https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/
- Click on the Ultimate Edition
- Then, choose PC Download.
- Tap on the Buy Now button.
- Click on the Purchase Now widget and make your payments
Once the payment is successful it will be added to the library, then proceed to install it.
Purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 Through Steam
To purchase the game through your steam account, do the following
- Progress to steam websites at https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174180/Red_Dead_Redemption_2/
- Choose the pack you want (The standard pack is Rs 2,143 and the ultimate pack is Rs 3,119).
- Tap on add to cart.
- Press on “Purchase for myself.”
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Make your purchase payment.
- Select the game from your library and click on the Install button.
Then, wait for the installation to complete and you are good to go.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Minimum System Requirements
If you’re not sure about your PC configuration which is at least required to play this game, below are the minimum system requirements.
- OS: Windows 7 – Service Pack 1
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 8GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
- HDD Space: 150GB
System Requirements For Windows 10
To play the game title on high fps and without any lag, refer to these recommended requirements which the company has listed on its official website.
- OS: Windows 10 – April 2018 Update (v1803)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Memory: 12GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
- HDD Space: 150GB
Feel free to check out other articles of ours.