Do you want to check your Srd Status? You applied for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, is good you check your status from time to time. The President declared the National State of Disaster as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, in regards to this, he introduced a special Covid 19 Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD)
The grant is to be paid for 6 months to qualified candidates. This grant is meant for people who are currently unemployed, do not receive any form of income, social grant or UIF payment, and more.
Table of Contents
The SRD Programme was confirmed in the Regulations made under Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002). A measure to prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19, as amended.
Lots of people have applied and are eager to know their Application status. However, you can check your Srd grant application status online. The section below will guide you through.
How To Check Your Srd Status Online
To check your Srd Status online, yield to the instructions below;
- Navigate to https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
- Fill in South African id number of the applicant
- Enter the phone number used to submit your application
- Hit the submit button
The next page should display your application status. You have not applied for the grant yet? read the application info below.
To apply for the social Relief of Distress grant, you will need to provide the following information
- Your Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
- Your name and Surname as shown in the Identity Document
- Gender and Disability
- Contact details – Cell phone number
- Residential Address
However, it’s important to also take note of the following points in the section under.
Sassa SRD Application Check 2022
You will have to sign a declaration and consent to their info being validated and shared with other organizations and financial institutions like SARS and banks.
Moreover, during the application process, applicants are expected to agree or disagree to this document using the Yes or No option.
Also, successful individuals will have to provide their banking details for payment purposes or their bank of choice for a cash transfer.
What is the meaning of Pending Status?
If you check your status and it states “ pending” This simply means that the application is in progress. After completing the verification, the applicant will receive an SMS notification of the outcome. Only those with status Approved will receive the SMS
How do I change my Banking Details?
If you are an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant and you want to change your banking details, do this
- Visit sassa srd official portal
- Submit your ID Number
- You will receive an SMS containing a secure link, via the mobile phone number with which you registered during the application.
- Tap on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
In case you select payment into a bank account, make sure you are the owner of the account. Because SASSA cannot pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
And if you choose the money transfer option through one of the major banks, ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name.
Because the grant cannot be paid into a mobile phone number that is registered to another person. After, verification, new banking details will only be used for future payments.
How to Cancel Your SASSA R350 Grant Application
To cancel your application, follow these steps;
- Go to the SASSA SRD website
- Move down to the ‘Cancel my Application’ field and click on the button that says ‘click here to cancel online
- Type in the required fields
- Then, follow the onscreen prompts to cancel the grant.
Once the cancellation is complete you will no longer receive a grant.