The S&T Undergraduate Scholarship program aims to stimulate and entice talented Filipino youths to pursue productive careers in science and technology and also a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources that can steer the country towards national progress. There are two types of S&T Undergraduate scholarships;
- MERIT: The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, previously known as NSDM or NSTA Scholarship is awarded to students with high aptitude in mathematics and science, and who wants to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
- RA 7687: This is also known as the Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994. It provides scholarships for talented and deserving students whose families’ economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in engineering, basic sciences, other applied sciences and science and mathematics teaching.
Table of Contents
Privileges of DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program
Some of the privileges of DOST S&T Undergraduate scholarships program are;
- Tuition and other school fees
- Graduation allowance
- Group accident and health insurance
- Monthly living allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Clothing allowance
- Learning materials and/ or connectivity allowance
- Transportation allowance
Qualifications for DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program
There are some criteria for you to be eligible for the DOST scholarship program;
- Natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Do not have earned any college units and do not have any post-high school vocational units.
- Must be a graduating student.
- Have not taken any previous DOST-SEI examination, or have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate examination but did not qualify for the scholarship, or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- Must be of good character and in good health.
Requirements for DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program
- Principal’s certification
- Certificate of Residency
- A signed declaration of the applicant and the parent/ legal guardian
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination/ Award
- Certified copy of permanent student record
- Certificate of Good Health
- Birth certificate
- Notarized affidavit of guardianship
- Applicant’s certification of no postsecondary units
- Recent picture, passport size
- Parent’s certification
- Parent/s or legal guardian’s income tax return
How to Apply for DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program Online
To apply for the DOST S&T Undergraduate scholarships program, you would need a valid email address, a working mobile number/s, and a stable internet connection. To get started with the application process;
- Visit https://ugrad.science-scholarships.ph/#/register
- Select DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships E-Application System
- Enter your names
- Fill in your email address
- Enter your birth date
- Click NEXT
- Fill in the required information
Follow the prompts to complete the application process.
What is S&T Scholarship?
The S&T Undergraduate Scholarship program aims to stimulate and entice talented Filipino youths to pursue productive careers in science and technology and also a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources that can steer the country towards national progress.
How Much is DOST Stipend?
This scholarship gives one of the highest living allowances among government-funded scholarships, amounting to PHP 7,000 per month.
What are the Benefits of Being a DOST Scholar?
DOST undergraduate scholars receive financial assistance of P40,000 per academic year to cover tuition and other school fees, a living allowance of P7,000 per month, a book allowance of P10,000 per academic year and other scholarship privileges.