The truck Driver Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship is currently open for qualified International candidates. Are you looking to work in the US as a truck driver? If yes, you’re in the right place. In this content, you find all the information you need regarding regards to truck driver job in the US, including the application process, type of visa required, job description, and more.
Table of Contents
Truck Driver Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
If you received a job offer to work in the US with a free visa you don’t know how lucky you are. There are a lot of transportation companies in USA out to sponsor your immigration to USA. That is to say, you can get a Green Card and a Permanent Job in the best transportation companies in the USA. For you to move to the US, find out how to get USA to work visa.
How to Obtain a USA Work Visa for Truck Drivers 2022/2023
For you to drive a Truck in the United States, there are certain criteria you should meet-
- Have a heavy vehicle driving license not just that, a lot of companies will also want you to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL), which you can easily get from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and also which your employer can give you details about.
- In the US, many truck driving schools offer training for the CDL. Not only that, the minimum age for a truck driver is 18 (21 if your work will require you to cross state lines).
- You will also need to have relevant work experience and a clean driving record is ideal.
Once you meet the requirements above, you can proceed to apply for a Truck driving job, then after that, you will apply for a visa if you get the job offer.
How to Apply for a Truck Driver Job in USA
With the internet platform applying driving job is very simple and fast. Just make sure you have all the required qualifications and documents. In this article, you will discover online job websites where you can apply for USA truck driving jobs.
Benefits of Applying for Truck Driver Job in USA
As a truck driver in the United States, there are many benefits you stand to enjoy. Here are some of the benefits of the truck driving job in the US;
- Mouth-watering salary
- Paid vacation.
- Pad time off.
- Sick day off.
- Health insurance.
- Health savings Account.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Dental and vision coverage.
- Retirement saving plan.
- Employee Assistance program.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Wellness Program.
Above are some of the benefits a truck driver in the USA may enjoy
Best Website to Apply For US Truck Driving Job 2022/2023
Here is a list of USA job websites where you can Visit to apply for a Visa Sponsorship truck driver job in USA for Foreigner.
- Simplyhired at simplyhired.com/search?
- Indeed at indeed.com/q-Visa-Sponsorship-Trailer-Driver-jobs.html
- Jooble at jooble.org/jobs-truck-driver-sponsorship/Houston%2C-TX
- Visa solution at visasolutions.com/trucking/
These are some reliable websites you can apply for Truck Driving Jobs in the USA.
USA Truck Driver Responsibilities and Duties
Below are the responsibilities of Truck Drivers in the USA:
- To drive and operate a tractor-trailer and/or flatbed delivery truck with a tilt-bed for ground deliveries as well as dock deliveries in a safe manner.
- To load the equipment into the truck for delivery. Then ensure you secure the loads with chains, straps, and binders as needed. Also, ensure that the load is within the rated capacity of the delivery truck and that the load does not exceed maximum height requirements.
- Carry equipment to various locations as instructed and safely unload equipment.
- Perform daily pre-trip inspections of the delivery truck or (trailer) and keep a daily driver’s log.
- To make sure that all paperwork, including bills of lading, matches the equipment being transported and obtain proper signatures.
- To keep the delivery truck always clean and presentable and ensure safety equipment is supplied with the truck.
- Do minor maintenance, and repairs the truck (trailer) always.
- May help with keeping the warehouse clean and organized.
These are the core duties and responsibilities of a truck driver.
Truck Driver Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship Qualifications and Skills
Here are the qualifications and skills you need if you want to be a Truck driver in the USA:
- Have a high school equivalent or diploma.
- Valid Class A driver’s license with a hazardous material endorsement and goods driving record.
- Be able to maneuver the delivery truck in many conditions, such as backing in and out of areas.
- Ability to safely operate trucks.
- Previous heavy equipment hauling experience is preferred.
- Have the ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and customer care skills.
- A good mechanical and electrical aptitude with knowledge of electrical/electronic systems, hydraulics, and internal combustion engines is preferred.
These are skills and qualifications you need to be a good truck driver.
H-1B Visa For Truck Driving Job in America 2022
US trucking companies can use the H-2B visa to employ foreign commercial truck drivers. This Visa program is designed to help employers in the US overcome the shortage of US workers who are not willing and able to perform nonagricultural labor.
How to Apply For US Work Visa
To apply for a work visa in the US visit the USCIS website at
Tap on the temporary (Non-immigrant) worker link to find information as regards to the application process.
Is Being a Trucker Worth It?
Yes, it was worth it. Truck drivers can earn a good income. How much does a truck driver make? On average drivers earn around $50,909, while Over Road (OTR) drivers who haul freight over long distances earn on average nearly $64,000 per year.
What is the Highest-Paying Truck Driving Job?
List of Highest-Paying Trucking Jobs
- Oversized Load. Salary: $71,442 per year.
- Specialty Vehicle Haulers. Salary: $82,099.
- Team Drivers. Salary: $96,573.
- Private Fleet. Salary: $95,999 – $110,000 per year. …
- Mining Industry Drivers. Salary: $58,862.
- Liquids / Tanker. Salary: $88,024.
Is Truck Driving Stressful?
Too much stress in the workplace can have undesirable consequences on mental and physical health. Truck drivers deal with the following; pressure from traffic, delivery timing, bad weather, rude people on the road or customers, long and irregular hours, lack of sleep, and tight areas to maneuver within.
Can A Foreigner Become A Truck Driver In USA?
Yes, an international candidate can get a truck driving job in America. If you are a foreign worker, applying to work as a truck driver in the US, you will be needing the H-2B Visa, after getting a job offer.
Can I Get a Sponsorship to Work in USA with Visa?
Yes, Foreigners can get a US Sponsorship employment Visa when they have a job offer from a reputable Employer in USA. And the employer must be ready to sponsor your visa application.
Do I Need A Green Card to be a Truck Driver?
No. Employers or US trucking companies that need a foreigner as a driver will need to fill the short-term sponsoring of a non-immigrant visa or on a permanent basis and in the future can sponsor the driver for a permanent residency (Green card).
Does America Need Truck Drivers?
Yes, there are many truck driving companies that need drivers. However, the American Trucking Association (ATA) reported a shortage of 80,000 drivers last year, an all-time high that might reach 160,000 by 2030. The solution, the ATA said, is to recruit about a million new drivers over the next decade.
How Many Hours Can Truck Drivers Drive in the USA?
Drivers are allowed a period of 14 hours to drive up to 11 hours after being off duty for 10 or more consecutive hours. The 14-consecutive-hour driving window starts when you start any kind of work.