The HAAA scholarship is a scholarship scheme for Arab applicants who wish to pursue their undergraduate program at Harvard University, USA. The aim of this scholarship is to increase the number of Arab students in the institution.
HAAA scholarship is a reputable scholarship award that helps Arab students who are in need economically, to attain their academic goals at Harvard. It aids in promoting the educational improvement of Arab students.
This scholarship covers the tuition fees and living expenses of recipients throughout the period of the program. Harvard University has over 25,000 graduate and undergraduate students, with about 19,000 staff.
About the HAAA Scholarship
The Harvard Arab Alumni Association (HAAA) introduced this scholarship award to promote the number of students who are Arabs at Harvard. This was introduced in 2010. This association supports numerous scholarship awards and charities throughout Arab nations.
The HAAA scholarship is a fully-funded award. If you are from an Arab country, then this article is for you. Do not miss this amazing opportunity. Keep reading to be well-informed about what the HAAA scholarship entails, its requirements, how to apply, and lots more.
Details About the HAAA Scholarship
Below are the features of this scholarship;
- The level of education is a bachelor’s degree.
- The institution of study is Harvard University.
- Also, the study country is USA.
- The duration of the study depends on the program.
- The deadline for the application is the date of admission.
- It is a fully funded scholarship.
- The eligible countries are Arab nations like Egypt, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, etc.
Requirements for Eligibility for the HAAA Scholarship
The criteria for selecting the recipients of this award by the Harvard Arab Alumni Association are as follows;
- The English language is compulsory.
- An applicant must be a citizen of an Arab country e.g., Qatar, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, etc.
- Acceptance by Harvard University to study a full-time degree program at any of the Harvard schools.
- Demonstration of a financial need.
- Preference to students who have obtained a prior degree in an Arab country.
List of Eligible Countries for the HAAA Scholarship
The HAAA scholarship is open to students from these Arab countries;
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
CHECKOUT: How to Get into Harvard on a Scholarship
How to Apply for the HAAA Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship award, follow these steps;
- Visit their official website at; https://www.harvardarabalumni.org
- Apply for any school of Harvard University of your choice.
- Once you have been accepted, the financial officer of your school submits your application to the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships to select the recipients of the award.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions.
Who can Apply for the HAAA Scholarship?
Individuals from Arab nations who have already been accepted by Harvard University into one of the Harvard schools are eligible to apply for the HAAA scholarship.
What does HAAA Stand for?
HAAA stands for Harvard Arab Alumni Association.
Can Residents of the USA who are Students of Harvard University Apply for the HAAA Scholarship?
No, they can’t. The HAAA scholarship is only open to students who are nationals of the Arab world.
How can I Apply for the HAAA Scholarship?
To apply for the HAAA scholarship award, start by visiting their official website at; https://www.harvardarabalumni.org and apply for any school of your choice at Harvard University. You can only take the next step if you have been admitted into the institution.
Once you are admitted, the financial officer of your school has to submit your application to the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships to be considered for this scholarship.
Ensure to have all the necessary application forms such as transcripts, your resume, etc., and submit your application before the deadline. However, be sure to contact the HAAA to confirm your application is in the system and being reviewed.