Mid-Sweden University offers a limited number of tuition fee scholarships for new outstanding students to study in the institution. It involves a tuition fee waiver for international students in selected fields. It is available to international students.
Mid-Sweden University is a Swedish state university in Sweden. This institution offers quality education while simultaneously enabling students to gain new experiences and perspectives. This scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence.
Mid-Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship
Mid-Sweden University is located in Sweden with two campuses in Sundsvall and Ostersund. It was founded in 1993. Studying at Mid-Sweden University as an international student is a great experience as the university has a supportive environment for them.
Mid-Sweden University is also known as Mittuniversitetet in Swedish. Only a few students are awarded scholarships every year. If you intend to study in Sweden, it is advised to start planning much earlier.
An even distribution of students according to nationality and gender is also taken into consideration in this scholarship award.
Summary of Mid-Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship
- Study level: Masters studies.
- Institution of study: Mid-Sweden University.
- Study location: Sweden.
- Courses offered: Computer Engineering, Ecotechnology, Sustainable Development, Electrical Engineering, Biology, Electronics, Engineering Physics, Tourism Management, Management, Business Administration and Marketing.
- Period of the program: 1 or 2 years.
- Deadline: February 10 – February 28, 2024.
Benefits of the Mid-Sweden University Scholarship
The mid-Sweden university scholarship coverage includes only a tuition fee waiver of 70,000 SEK, 140,000 SEK, or 250,000 SEK depending on the selected program. Other expenses such as travel costs, living expenses, etc., are not included in this scholarship program and should be covered by other means of funding.
Mid-Sweden University Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The required language is English.
- All nationalities except UK and EU nationals.
- Citizens from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland are required to pay tuition fees and have applied through the university admissions to one of the listed programs above.
- You must have completed your first degree or its equivalent.
- Proof of English proficiency through an internationally recognized English test.
How to Apply for the Mid-Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship
To apply for a mid-Sweden university scholarship, you must apply for a Master’s program at the university.
- Enter the URL; https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start
- Create an account on the website.
- You will be asked to make a payment of 900SEK for application fees.
- Confirm your payment.
- Upload the required documents like certificates and diplomas of your completed degree from your country of study, transcripts, proof of English language proficiency, a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, etc.
Note that you must submit your documents in the official language of the country you studied in. and you must provide an official translation if the language is not Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, English, French, or German.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- After submitting your application for studies through university admission, visit this website at; https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start
- Fill out the online scholarship application form.
- You will be required to motivate your choice of study program and its relevance to your professional development.
You will be notified about the selection results by email latest April 7, 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions.
Who can Apply for the Mid-Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship?
Citizens from countries outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland who are required to pay tuition fees and have also applied through university admissions to one of the programs available for this scholarship award.
Is There an application fee for the Mid-Sweden University Scholarship?
Yes, there is an application fee of 900 SEK. After paying for the application fee, applicants will receive a link to the application by email.
What Does the Mid-Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship Cover?
The mid-Sweden university scholarship only covers 75% of the tuition fee. Other expenses such as travel and living costs are not included in the scholarship.
Applicants of the Mid-Sweden University tuition fee scholarships should be highly motivated and prepared to take their studies at Mid-Sweden University seriously.