The University of Oxford Clarendon Scholarship is now open for application. The University, via its esteemed Clarendon Fund, presents a remarkable chance to talented individuals from around the world who wish to pursue postgraduate studies.
Every year, they grant about 140 Clarendon Scholarships to exceptional students, acknowledging their academic excellence and potential in various graduate-level subjects. The University of Oxford in the United Kingdom is the hosting institution. The commencement date: is October 2024.
Eligible fields of study
You can study a wide range of subjects with these scholarships, including full-time and part-time master’s programs and all DPhil courses. You can find a complete list of graduate courses on the University of Oxford’s Courses page. It’s important to note that postgraduate certificate or diploma courses are not covered by this scholarship.
Scholarship Benefits and Duration
the benefits of the Clarendon Scholarship at Oxford University are that it provides comprehensive financial support, including full tuition and college fees, and a generous annual living expenses grant.
This financial backing allows scholars to fully focus on their studies and research without the burden of financial worries. Additionally, the scholarship is open to students from all over the world, promoting diversity and fostering a global academic community at one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
Number of Awards
Each year, there are approximately 140 scholarships available. This opportunity is available to applicants from any country.
Facts about the Clarendon scholarship
One interesting fact about the Oxford University Clarendon Scholarship is that it is highly competitive and renowned for attracting some of the brightest and most talented students from all over the world.
The scholarship’s rigorous selection process ensures that it supports exceptional individuals who go on to make significant contributions in their respective fields.
The application process for the Clarendon Scholarship at the University of Oxford typically involves the following steps:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, which often include academic excellence and admission to a graduate-level course at the University of Oxford. Check the official Clarendon Scholarship website for the most up-to-date eligibility requirements.
- Apply for Admission: First, apply for admission to your chosen graduate program at the University of Oxford. You need to secure an offer of admission to be considered for the Clarendon Scholarship.
- Scholarship Application: Once you have an admission offer, complete the Clarendon Scholarship application. This may include providing details about your academic background, references, and a research proposal, depending on your course.
- Deadlines: Be aware of the scholarship application deadline, as it may vary depending on your course and department. Ensure you submit your scholarship application by the specified deadline.
- Interview (if required): Some departments and courses may require candidates to attend an interview or provide additional materials. Be prepared for this possibility.
- Selection: The scholarship selection committee reviews applications and considers academic excellence, potential, and the fit between the applicant and the course.
- Notification: If you are awarded the Clarendon Scholarship, you will be notified by the scholarship committee or the University of Oxford. Notifications are typically sent out several months after the application deadline.
- Acceptance: If you are offered the scholarship, follow the instructions to formally accept it. This may involve confirming your intention to enroll at the University of Oxford.
- Visa and Preparations: If you are an international student, make the necessary visa arrangements and prepare for your studies at Oxford.
It’s crucial to check the specific application details and requirements for the Clarendon Scholarship on the official University of Oxford website, as they may vary from year to year and between courses. Be thorough and organized in your application to increase your chances of receiving this prestigious award.
How to Apply for the Clarendon Scholarship
To apply for Clarendon Scholarship you have to follow these steps :
- Visit the Clarendon Scholarship website http://www.ox.ac.uk
- Search for Clarendon Scholarship using the search tab
- Then locate the Clarendon page or click https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon
- Follow the onscreen prompts and fill out the necessary requirements
- If successful then you will be sent an email
Note; if you do not see an application link, it means that the application for the scholarship is closed.
How to access the Clarendon Scholarship website
To access the Clarendon Scholarship website at the University of Oxford, you can follow these steps:
- Open your web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- In the web browser’s address bar, type the following URL: https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon
- Press Enter or Return on your keyboard.
This URL will take you directly to the official Clarendon Scholarship page on the University of Oxford’s website. Here, you will find detailed information about the scholarship, including eligibility criteria, application procedures, and important deadlines.
Be sure to review all the information provided on the official website for the most up-to-date and accurate details regarding the scholarship.
Below are some frequently asked questions.
What is the Clarendon Scholarship?
The Clarendon Scholarship is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship program at the University of Oxford that provides financial support to outstanding graduate students.
Who is eligible for the Clarendon Scholarship?
The scholarship is open to students from all countries. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific graduate course, so it’s essential to check the course-specific requirements on the official website.
How do I apply for the Clarendon Scholarship?
To apply for the Clarendon Scholarship, you typically need to first secure an admission offer for a graduate-level course at the University of Oxford. Once you have an offer, you can complete the scholarship application through the university’s online application system.
What does the Clarendon Scholarship cover?
The scholarship typically covers full tuition and college fees. Additionally, full-time scholars receive an annual grant for living expenses, while part-time scholars receive a study support grant.
Are there specific deadlines for the scholarship application?
Yes, application deadlines for the Clarendon Scholarship can vary depending on your course and department. It’s crucial to check the specific deadline for your chosen course on the official Clarendon Scholarship website.
What is the selection process for the scholarship?
The selection process considers academic excellence, potential, and the fit between the applicant and the course. In some cases, interviews or additional materials may be required.