Part Time Jobs is a type of work that carries fewer hours per week than full-time job. They work in shifts and the shifts are often rotational. Employees are considered to be part-time if they commonly work fewer than 30 hours per week.
Further, based on job opportunities in the increase, there are various job options available for a position you can do part-time in the office or at your home.
Table of Contents
Part Time Jobs
There are many reasons one can decide to work part-time, including the desire to do so, having one’s hours cut back by an employer and being unable to locate a full-time job. The International Labour Organization Convention 175 demands that part-time workers be treated no less favourably than full-time workers.
However, in some cases, the nature of the work itself may require that the employees be classified part as part-time workers. So, if you’re considering a part-time job, it’s important to know about the hours and benefits involved, as well as the types of jobs that are available.
What is a Part-Time Job?
A part-time job is the type of job that usually requires a person to work fewer hours per workweek than their employer deems full-time employment. Although there isn’t a set number of hours per week that’s legally considered full-time or part-time employment, so it’s up to the employer to decide which positions are classified either way.
An employer might classify a worker as part-time if they work less than 35 hours per week. Typically, the standard number of hours per week for full-time employment in the U.S. has been 40. Moreover, lots of employers consider employees as working part-time based on a different schedule, e.g. under 30 hours or 35 hours a week.
How Does a Part-Time Job Work?
Part-time workers basically include students, moms and dads, retirees, and other workers who don’t want or need the time commitment of a full-time position. Some workers may also decide to hold two or more part-time jobs instead of working full-time at one organization. However, Part-time positions can sometimes work their way into full-time work, based on the structure of the company.
If you are hunting for a full-time job, sometimes taking a part-time position is a good way to get your foot in the door. Not only that, it can also be a way to gain the experience necessary for full-time employment, and also a way to show an employer your commitment in the workplace.
Part Time Jobs Near Me
Part time jobs near me simply mean jobs vacancy close to where you stay and does not take the whole day to complete the daily task. How do I find a part-time job near me? With the help of an online job search website, one can easily find part time job listings near you. Read on, to learn more on how to find and apply for urgent part-time jobs online.
Best Part Time Jobs and Salary Expectations
The following is a list of 12 of the best part-time jobs and their salary expectations;
- A Social media coordinator: average salary is around $15.57/hour
- Virtual assistant: average salary is around $15.79/hour
- A Part-time graphic designer: average salary is around $17.71/hour
- Pet sitter: average salary is around $38,149 a year
- A Remote teacher: average salary is around $19.21/hour
- Customer service representative: average salary is around $13.10/hour
- Transcriptionist: average salary is around $13.71/hour
- Virtual call centre agent: average salary is around $14.02/hour
- An Online tutor: average salary is around $21.41/per hour
- An Online writer or editor: average salary is around $61,503 a year
- Medical coding: average salary is around $21.73/hour
- A Remote travel agent: average salary is around $45,273 a year
These are some of the part-time jobs you can get in the USA
How to Find Part time Jobs Near Me
There are different ways to find jobs near you. Job hunters can find Jobs vacancies through the following medium;
- Online job search
The above are some of the ways to find available part time jobs near you.
How to Apply for Part Time Jobs Near Me?
To apply for a part-time job on a job website like indeed.com, do the following
- Progress to indeed website at https://www.indeed.jobs/
- Fill in the job title and enter your location and search
- Search for your desired job, tap on the link to view the job description and every other details
- Click on the apply button
- Proceed with the prompt to apply, submit your CV and application letter
- If you are lucky, you will get a reply.
These are steps to apply for part-time jobs at the indeed.com website.
Which is Best for Part-Time Job?
The best or high earning part-time jobs you can get are;
- Tour guide
- Personal driver
- Bank teller
- School bus driver
- Mail carrier
How Can I find a Part Time Job Online?
Find a part time job are steps to find a part-time job
- Update your resume and online profiles
- Then, reach out to your network
- Find part-time job listings
- Make a list of your favourite job listings and do your research
- Apply to your selected job listings
What is the Best First Part Time Job?
Here are some of the common First-Time Jobs
- Camp counsellor
- Lab Assistant
- Newspaper delivery
What is the Best Part Time Jobs from Home?
Below is the list of the 12 best part-time jobs you can do from the comfort of your home.
- Social media coordinator
- Virtual Assistant
- Online tutor
- Medical coding
- Remote travel agent
- Pet sitter
- Remote teacher
- Online writer or editor
READ ALSO: Walmart Careers | Walmart Career Categories