UCSB has its main Address as 552 University Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, and its official website at http://www.ucsb.edu/. The University of California Santa Barbara is one of the top-rated public research universities in Santa Barbara.
Since the university was founded in 1909, it has on several occasions been ranked as one of the best public universities in the nation.
Popularly renowned for its top programs in physics engineering, sociology, and history, the school is far more prestigious for its faculty. In 1995, the university, widely recognized for its research was elected to the acclaimed association of American Universities (AAU).
Table of Contents
UCSB Address + Public Info
- Address: 552 University Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93106
- Website: http://www.ucsb.edu/
- Type of school: Public, Research University
- Type of school: Coed
- Setting: Suburban
- Athletics: NCAA Division I, Intercollegiate, Intramural, Club, Scholarship
- Percent out-of-state: 3%
- Percent international: 1.56%
- Degrees offered: Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral
- Size of the undergraduate student body: 19,796
- Female to Male ratio: 53:47
- Student to Professor ratio: 17:1
- Most popular majors: Social Sciences, Business/Marketing, Biology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Psychology, Visual and Performing Arts, Communications/Journalism, English, Foreign Languages and Literature
- Special study programs: Accelerated Program, Cross-Registration, Distance Learning, Double Major, Dual Enrollment of High School Students, ESL, Honors Program, Independent Study, Internships, ROTC, Army, Student-Designed Major, Study Abroad, Teacher Certification, Visiting/Exchange Student Program, Washington Semester
UCSB Admission Information
Being one of the top universities, UCSB is moderately selective as the school accepts approximately 48% of its applicants. The admission process is usually competitive for state students and international students. You should know that less than 5% of UC Santa Barbara students come from outside California.
When considering admission, according to the school official website, a student’s secondary school record, application essay and standardized test scores are the most important factors. Here is a rundown of the admission information.
- Admissions address: 1210 Cheadle Hall Santa Barbara, CA 93106-2014
- Admissions Website: http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu
- Email: email@example.com
- Percent of applicants admitted: 48%
- Contact Person: Christine Van Gieson, Director of Admissions
- Number of first-year applications received: 46,671
UCSB Campus Life
Here is a rundown of what you should know about campus life at the University of California Santa Barbara.
Housing options: Coed Housing, Apartments for Single Students, Fraternity/Sorority Housing, Apartments for Married Students, Cooperative Housing and Wellness housing (alcohol/drug/smoke-free)
Activities: Campus ministries, Concert band, Drama, Fraternities/Sororities, Literary magazine, Musical theater, Radio station, Student newspaper, Yearbook, Choral Groups, Dance, Film society, jazz band, Model U.N., Opera, Student government, Television station
UCSB Application Info 2021/2022
Here is what the application requirements for UCSB look like.
- Early decision/action deadline: N/A
- Accepts the Common Application? No
- Admission requirements: Essay, Standardized Scores, SAT or ACT with writing, and 2 SAT II Subject Tests.
|Policy regarding SAT score-use:||All SAT scores required for review|
|College Board code:||4835|
Note, Information on this page is subject to change and hence recommended you verify information with the official site before making decisions.