Sometimes, I can’t help but wonder, Where do Suggested Matches on Facebook Dating come from? Are you wondering the exact same thing? Luckily for you, I found the answer and I am willing to share. Keep reading below to find out.
Where do Suggested Matches on Facebook Dating come from
Similar to other dating apps, Facebook dating suggests matches for you based on the preferences and information you entered while creating your dating profile. These dating preferences can include both the height and age range that you prefer for a potential match.
Note, Facebook also use the things that you and others do and provide on the platform such as;
- Interests such as Facebook groups and events both parties have in common. In addition to this, you can look for suggested matches in events and groups.
- Information you’ve added to your dating profile such as the schools you’ve attended or your hometown.
I would love you to acknowledge the fact that the platform may use other signals relevant to you to provide more relevant matches for you. Also, bear in mind that if you turned on suggest friends of friends, you are likely to see friends of your Facebook friends.
How to Change my Facebook Dating Preferences
To change your Facebook dating preferences;
- Open the FB app
- Log in to your account
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon
- Tap on the dating (heart) icon
- Locate and tap on the settings gear by the top right
- Below “Ideal Match”, tap on the section you want to edit and make the changes you had in mind
- Once done, tap on the “save” tab by the top right side of the screen
That’s it. As I mentioned earlier, there is a wide range of options you can select from. My advice (if needed), play with all the settings and see the one that actually suits you if you have no preferences in mind.